Dutch oven 3.75 qt French Rooster STAUB grenadine red
|Delivery time:||Same day curbside pick-up during store opening hours. Delivery within Oakville-same day to next business day.|
The Staub Cast Iron Essential French Oven features a traditional Gallic rooster on the Chistera lid. Compared to Staub's signature flat lid, this domed Chistera lid features excellent self-basting properties. Usually, a convex lid causes condensation to fall to the sides. The innovative, Chistera drop-structure lid solves this problem by putting a twist on traditional spikes. Moisture cascades from the whole lid. This continuous basting guarantees delectable roast chicken and braised short ribs.
What inspired this original design? Basque pelota players use wicker basket chisteras to scoop up balls and hurl them quickly. Under Staub's new lids, the chistera-shaped curves gather condensation to shower moisture upon the delicious dish that simmers inside. The incredible heat retention and even heat diffusion gives your food consistent texture and taste in every bite. Staub's innovative multi-coat enamel is indestructible, it will never chip or discolor, keeping your sure-to-be family heirloom looking like new after every use. Made in France with a lifetime warranty.
- Matte black enamel interior heats and enhances caramelization, excellent searing
- Chistera drop-structure lid puts a twist on traditional spikes; moisture cascades from the whole lid
- Smooth enamel base is suitable for all heat sources, including induction
- Nickel plated brass knob is oven safe up to 500°
- Versatile design goes from oven to table
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Made in France